Case Study 1
Client: Major Utility Company in West Coast.
Objective: Reduce storage costs and leverage historical data analysis by migrating their historical data from mainframe server to cloud based mapR cluster.
Key Accomplishments at this project include:
- Converting RECFM formatted data to ASCII format through custom built SAS utility. This data is then stored on Hadoop through Hive interface.
- Building Hive data pipeline to work with existing SAS reports seamlessly.
- Migrating existing machine learning/Data analytics R modules to Hadoop data set.
- Build a Scalable High Performance Solution on time within budget.
- Resulting in Savings of 40% of Total infrastructure costs.
- Allowed easy access to data generating higher user satisfaction ratings.
- Built Data analytics based on R this gave analyst capability to run latest algorithms